This is ExxonMobil
- We conduct oil and gas exploration, development and production in every major accessible producing area in the world.
- We have the largest energy resource base of any non-government company, and we are the world 's largest non-government natural gas marketer and reserves holder.
- Consumers know us best by our brand names: Exxon, Mobil and Esso
- We are the world 's largest fuels refiner and manufacturer of lube basestocks used for making motor oils.
- We have refining operations in 26 countries, 42,000 retail services stations in more than 100 countries and lubricants marketing in almost 200 countries and territories.
- We market petrochemical products in more than 150 countries. Ninety percent of our petrochemical assets are in businesses that are ranked number 1 or number 2 in market position.
Underlying these strengths is an unparalleled commitment to the development of industry-leading technologies that provide the business with opportunities to discover, develop, produce, refine and market oil and gas resources that are not available to our competitors. The proprietary technology we develop is a competitive advantage for our business partners.
Exxon Mobil Corporation distinguishes itself through a unique, functionally based organizational structure. Each of ExxonMobil's business-line companies stewards a focused portfolio of operations around the world, with a president at the helm and significant authority to run itself.
The structure consists of 10 core companies that oversee individual businesses worldwide. Another company, ExxonMobil Global Services, provides centralized support through three functions - procurement, information services and facilities.
This structure allows us to establish priorities on a global basis, effectively leveraging the transfer of technology and best practices across our vast worldwide portfolio. Indeed, it enables a premier and diverse workforce hired from around the world to move quickly in capitalizing on global opportunities.