Sears Canada, the retailer with the most extensive multi-channel network in the country, began serving customers in 1953. The Company has over 30,000 associates and, in an independent consumer survey, ranks first in trust, respect and good quality products and services.
In its first full year of operations in 1953, Sears Canada had sales of approximately $100 million. Today, Sears Canada Inc. is a $6 billion company with a national presence throughout Canada. Sears is dedicated to providing consumers with a diverse array of shopping options, quality merchandise and exceptional service coast to coast through its:
- 122 department stores;
- 48 Sears Home stores;
- 268 dealer stores;
- 13 Sears Home Services Showrooms
- 11 outlet stores;
- 20 floor covering centres;
- 4 appliances and mattresses stores;
- 108 Sears Travel offices;
- 30 Corbeil appliance stores;
- 768 Cantrex members;
- a nationwide home maintenance, repair, and installation network;
- online shopping at www.sears.ca; and
- Canada's most extensive general merchandise catalogue with over 1,800 merchandise pick-up locations.
Most corporate functions are centralized at the Company's headquarters at 290 Yonge Street in Toronto, Ontario. Catalogue orders are processed through two catalogue centres in Belleville, Ontario and Regina, Saskatchewan.